If you think this could change the life of someone you know, please don't forget to share.
Ideal BMI: 19 - 25
Over Weight: 25 - 30
Severely Obese: >35
Morbidly Obese: >40
Super Obese: >50
Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery Package
- Hospital (2 nights)
- Hotel (2 nights) *
- All ground transportation *
- Preop blood test
- Preop Chest X-ray
- Anesthesiologist's fee
- Surgeon's assistant's fee
- OR nurses' fee
- Dr. Alvarez's fee
- Nutritional information
- Discharge medications
- 24 hr support from EndoBariatric.com staff in the U.S. and Mexico
- Our exclusive Gastric Sleeve pillow and discharge package bag
$ 8,500Do you Have questions? Click here to ask
What is a "Sleeve Gastrectomy"?
The sleeve gastrectomy is an operation in which the left side of the stomach is surgically removed. This results in a new stomach which is roughly the size and shape of a banana. Since this operation does not involve any "rerouting" or reconnecting the intestines, it is a simpler operation than the gastric bypass or the duodenal switch. Unlike the Lap Band procedure, the sleeve gastrectomy does not require the implantation of an artificial device inside the abdomen. Dr. Alvarez receives patients mainly from the USA and Canada but has had patients from every continent in the World who come to his center for their procedure.
Who should consider this procedure:
- Those who are concerned about the potential long term side effects of an intestinal bypass such as intestinal obstruction, ulcers, anemia, osteoporosis, protein deficiency and vitamin deficiency.
- Those who are considering a Lap Band but are concerned about a foreign body inside the abdomen.
- Those who have medical problems that prevent them from having weight loss surgery such as anemia, crohn's disease, extensive prior surgery, and other complex medical conditions.
- People who need to take anti-inflammatory medications may also want to consider this. Usually, these medications need to be avoided after a gastric bypass because the risk of ulcer is higher.
It might also be a good option if patients have a problem with their lap band requiring revision, have already lost a lot of weight and don't want a full bypass. Clinical Studies have shown and proven much better weight loss than with the Lap-Band procedure and similar weight loss to the gastric bypass surgery. It also has been proven to help with metabolic issues (Diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, etc.)
View video on how life is like
the 1st month of having a Gastric Sleeve
Featuring patient Leslie Boran. She talks about her experience with surgery and how has the first month been for her.
What advantages does it have?
- It does not require disconnecting or reconnecting the intestines (no dumping syndrome).
- There is no malabsorption of nutrients therefore avoiding anemia, osteoporosis, protein deficiency and vitamin deficiency.
- Only surgery that substantially removes the "hunger hormone" Ghrelin.
- It is a technically a much simpler operation than the gastric bypass or the duodenal switch.
- There is no foreign body inside of you.
- It does not need adjustments or fills (adjustable band patients must come back for fills).
- Preserves the pylorus (most patients should not get dumping syndrome).